Yes, we're alive. Sorry we've been slacking on the blog. We're getting into our groove being on the move all day every day! We made it to London and after completing the first leg of many on our trip, I was thrilled with how easy it was just throwing my backpack on and hopping off the plane. All the stairs in the tube were a breeze for us since we had everything on our back and nothing to lug up the stairs! I wouldn't say the backpack is light by any means but for walking to hotels, etc from train stations it's manageable.
Karl's brother Mark met up with us on the first day as well. I was wondering how Scrooge over here was going to handle the steep price of everything over there but it went well. After researching so many hotels in London, I decided the most economical way for us three to stay in a good part of London was to stay at a hostel that got good reviews. Let's just say that it was most likely my first and last time. We had so much fun visiting Riane and seeing the sights around town!
We learned quickly that London drivers do not adhere to the same pedestrian friendly mindset that SF drivers do. When we meander out to cross the street we almost get mowed over, almost like they are aiming for us! We made note of this quickly. We visited Riane's restaurant she works at in Richmond and got some cool sunset pics from their terrace. We finally had our English breakfast and a Sunday roast all on Tuesday! We took a day trip to Bath and Stonehenge which was cool to see. It really is just a pile of big rocks out in the middle of nowhere but interesting to think about how they got there I suppose. We met up with Karl's cousin, Drew and his girlfriend, who also live in London and all had drinks at a local pub. The weather was great and it never rained.
It's always hard for me to leave Riane every time I visit her. She does such a great job with planning things for us to do and showing us around. I'm so proud of her for making a life for herself so far away from home! I miss you Ri Ri!
Here are some pics of our first stop on the trip!




Karl's brother Mark met up with us on the first day as well. I was wondering how Scrooge over here was going to handle the steep price of everything over there but it went well. After researching so many hotels in London, I decided the most economical way for us three to stay in a good part of London was to stay at a hostel that got good reviews. Let's just say that it was most likely my first and last time. We had so much fun visiting Riane and seeing the sights around town!We learned quickly that London drivers do not adhere to the same pedestrian friendly mindset that SF drivers do. When we meander out to cross the street we almost get mowed over, almost like they are aiming for us! We made note of this quickly. We visited Riane's restaurant she works at in Richmond and got some cool sunset pics from their terrace. We finally had our English breakfast and a Sunday roast all on Tuesday! We took a day trip to Bath and Stonehenge which was cool to see. It really is just a pile of big rocks out in the middle of nowhere but interesting to think about how they got there I suppose. We met up with Karl's cousin, Drew and his girlfriend, who also live in London and all had drinks at a local pub. The weather was great and it never rained.
It's always hard for me to leave Riane every time I visit her. She does such a great job with planning things for us to do and showing us around. I'm so proud of her for making a life for herself so far away from home! I miss you Ri Ri!
Here are some pics of our first stop on the trip!




No comments:
Post a Comment