Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Plotting & Planning...

It's April 1st and our plan is to be leaving the US on May 1st for 4 months. There is soo much planning still left and I've been working on the trip details for a couple months already. Between applying for visas, getting all the required vaccines and booking flights all over the world it has become a full time job for me. We have finally purchased backpacks after many, many hours in the REI section trying on just about every backpack there is out there. Karl has insisted that we not only need something reasonable in size to carry all day on our backs, but it also has to be a carry on for each of our flights. What does that mean? SMALL. Even smaller than you would think. I didn't say anything in the store but when we got home and laid them out on the floor, Karl said, "Wow. These look really small." You think? for 4 months? haha. My laptop backpack was bigger I'm convinced. So, I'm still trying to get this straight: 4 months, 1 bag on my back with all the clothes I need. Wow.

Just to prove how crazy we are.....


Three months....yeah right. I'll be SO proud of myself if I can swing this. And, PS, we do realize we have MATCHING backpacks. After our favorite REI store employee, who helps us every time, kept telling us this was his favorite "sack" for many years, Karl couldn't help but get himself one to match mine. Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment